Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fly Like An Eagle

I was commissioned to do a stippling of a bald eagle for someone.

There's really not too much to say about it besides the significance that an eagle has for me. When I was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy my parents sought comfort in a number of ways. My mother often found comfort in scripture. She came across a scripture that I have adopted as my scripture. It's Isaiah 40:29-31, which says:


He gives strength to the weary 
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 
Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall; 
31 
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint

No comments:

Post a Comment