Friday, August 30, 2013

Light in the darkness

The following story is fairly long, but I feel that I should share with you my unbelievable experience. Late at night, while trying to fall asleep, my mind was racing with thoughts. Of the many things I pondered, a few seemed to stand out. I began to think about life and how the days just seem to be speeding up. A feeling of fear began to come over me as I thought about death; not necessarily where I'm going, but more the physical steps that my body will endure. All of a sudden the fear I was feeling seemed to melt away. I could only describe it as an unbelievably warm sensation. The only explanation I can come up with is that God heard my fearful thoughts and just took them away. He didn't stop there. Just to show me how how infinite and extravagant he truly is, the Lord surprises me even more. The door opens and in walks my mom. Noticing I'm still awake, she asks me if I'm okay. Astonished, I could only respond with three simple words, "How'd you know?" to my friends and family, I tell you that even though thoughts of fear and doubt will come, God has sent His only Son to be our light in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment