Friday, August 30, 2013

Joy trumps sadness

No one, except The Lord, is certain exactly when our lives will come to an end. Now, my friends, before you call me Mr. Morbid, I'd like to to elaborate. Though death may be more eminent in my life, God has blessed me with a unique perspective. Last week, I was sitting in the backyard. The warmth of the sun gently kissed my face. A light breeze made the leaves blow in the wind, as if they were waving hello. Not five feet in front of me, the honey-bees busily went about their work spreading pollen. All of a sudden I was over whelmed with sadness and, at the same time, a feeling of great joy. God created such a marvelous world filled with vibrant colors, wonderful creatures and vast galaxies. I was saddened at the thought of leaving my family, friends and beautiful surroundings. On the other hand, I was joyful because I know that heaven will be better than my puny little mind could even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment