Thursday, September 5, 2013

Get back appendicitis!

The 21st of August I turned 27. You would think that a persons birthday would yield a number of cards with beautiful and kind words, special dinner and maybe a few gifts. I received appendicitis, needle pokes and any number of unpleasantness that I will shield my readers from. Well one gift I did not expect was an extremely fast recovery. One might question God saying, "Why are you doing this to me?" I don't make it a habit to sugar-coat things; sometimes life just flat out stinks. Hardship is like the forging of a sword. In order to make the sword strong enough, it must go through extreme fire, pounding of metal against metal and then put into water. Then the process is repeated until the blade is ready for battle. We never enjoy hardship nor would we ever voluntarily ask for it. I often wonder if I had been given the choice, would I decide to be confined to a wheelchair or have the ability to walk? Would I have the same perspective? Hardship isn't what God "does" to us, it's what God "allows" us to go through so that we are strengthened in our walk with Him. Then He can use us to build His kingdom. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment