Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mandy

Genesis 1:26 says, "God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'" I believe that this is saying that we are to care for Gods creatures with kindness and respect. In caring for animals we begin to develop a great love for them. We learn about their personalities and little quirks. They have an insatiable ability to bring immense happiness brightens the darkest of times. When a pet is with you for so long they become a part of the family. The hardest part of having a pet is when it comes down to letting them go. A week ago we had to say goodbye to my sister Sarah's dog Mandy. About twelve years ago I went with Sarah to the humane society where she picked out this scrawny, little, white, poodle-like pup. At first Mandy didn't know what to make of my chair, but soon graduated to view it and my lap as a place of safety for her. Yes, I can honestly say that I have many fond memories of Mandy May. Thank you Lord for all of your Creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment