Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Dream

About three years ago I had an interesting, yet profound dream. It has taken me these three years to put into words what I saw. I was laying on a beach on my back. I was staring at a baby that had a striking resemblance to me. I recall making funny faces at the child who was giggling, which caused me to laugh. I remember looking to my left to see my uncle David smiling with a sparkle in his eyes. As I glance a small distance away I see my grandma Stauber walking barefoot in the sand. A light blanket of water flows up to touch her feet. This simple sensation seemed to bring her the  greatest of happiness, for her distinct laughter filled the salty air.  I have had the three years to ponder what my dream may symbolize. Because our God is so wonderfully personable and infinitely creative, He often uses dreams to speak to us. I don't claim to be an expert on the interpretation of dreams, but it could be a picture of what Heaven may be like. Even in my sleep I hold onto the hope, through Christ, of sharing in the relationship with our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment